Friday, February 6, 2015

Plagiarism is Awesome

I made a promise to myself to post once a week. So far I'm 1/1 but it's going to take thievery to go 2/2. Thank you to my college friend, Kristi, who I reconnected with thanks to the magic of Facebook, for letting me steal this idea. I love to write and I'm not delusional enough to think anyone but me will pour over my posts, so they're mostly just for me. But, if you're reading, that's icing on the cake!

Here we go. Over the next four or so posts, I'll answer nine questions. This is the first set:



1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Myself as a teenager.


2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I have no desire whatsoever to be famous! I enjoy wearing old workout clothes to Target on Saturdays way too much.


3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
No, but I do think about it carefully if it's anything but a phone call to check in on a friend of family member. 


4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Everyone sleeps in until at least 7am, the coffee is ready the moment I walk in the kitchen and the kids wake up happy. We all go for a run on the greenway and out for breakfast before heading to the Zoo or to an outdoor festival. The kids magically take naps at the same time and I get to watch one of the 57 shows I have DVR'd but never catch up on, like Scandal or Downton Abbey. Kids wake up super happy and we all play outside until dinner, when we head to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lots of good bad food. The kids both go to bed in under 10 minutes after we return home with no encore calls for more stories. Wine and hanging out with my husband, and a solid night of sleep. 


5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Last night, the Annie soundtrack in my car. And again, last night, singing songs from Annie with Sophie after we got home.


6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
I feel like a lot of elements of my body are in my control. I hope I'm still running when I'm 90. If I'm not, I know I will find something else I can do to stay fit. It's too important to me not to. I don't, however, feel like I can control what happens to my mind as I grow older so I'd have to say retaining my mind would be my choice. 


7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
No. And I'd never want to know.


8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
We both have careers focused on helping people in some way. We both love politics. We both love to run. 


9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
The health of myself and my family. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this and you! Why yourself as a teenager? I'm so curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. So many reasons! I was a pretty unhappy teenager, despite the appearances of having a lot going for me. Dad was very sick with cancer (round 1), girls were full of gossip, and living in such a small town made things feel really claustrophobic sometimes. I'd like to tell my 16-year-old self not to bother worrying about so much of the drama, that she'd forge a path out, make a great life and learn to be happy. And that she could do anything.

      Delete