Friday, February 20, 2015

More Questions, More Answers

We were iced in for a few days this week, so I had a little time to answer the next set of questions from the 36 Questions to Bring You Closer Together. Having extra time with the kids and Jason was a bonus, but the whole idea of not being able to leave the house is claustrophobic. And I am a lot like our shepherd mix: if I don't get a run in every day, I start to pace and get anxious. I usually run through any conditions, but it was too treacherous even for me. Running on the treadmill is terrifying. I'm afraid I will fall off, and that is because I have fallen off! But I've sucked it up and gotten through a couple of workouts inside and I'm just looking forward to running outside again after this d*$# ice melts! We're due for one more blast of ice today and then solid rain and warmer temps tomorrow.

Anyway, here goes:

10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Not much, but I wish someone had pushed me more to try and stick to sports at a young age. I consider myself pretty athletic now, but I didn't pick up running or working out much at all until after college. I'm not sure if this is a fair complaint because I did take years and years of dance and tumbling lessons and played a few team sports.

11. Take four minutes and tell you partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
Who needs four minutes when you have this

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
I'd like to wake up and be multilingual! And also have the answer to world peace and cures for things like cancer, AIDS, ebola, etc. That's all before lunch. Also, the ability to get my kids to eat anything and everything I make without complaint. I think world peace and curing diseases would be simpler.
 
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I don't think it could tell me anything that I wouldn't rather learn myself. The only thing that comes to mind are cures for diseases and perhaps the winning Powerball numbers.

14. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Writing a book. I don't know why I haven't started. 

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Raising my kids is and continues to be my greatest accomplishment. Nothing else comes close.

16. What do you value most in a friendship?
Loyalty

17. What is your most treasured memory?
How can anyone pick one? Impossible. As a kid, going out for dinner on my birthday every year with my mom and dad. It was the one night of the year my dad would go out with us and we all dressed up. As an adult, walking down the aisle with my grandpa and Jack and seeing Sophie and Hawkes together for the first time.

18. What is your most terrible memory?
Sitting in a movie theater in college on a date and looking up to see another friend, Michael Sorrow, standing there in the aisle trying to get my attention. I couldn't figure out why he was there, but soon realized he had gotten a call from someone trying to find me to tell me my dad was dying and I needed to get home to say goodbye. I made it home to Galesburg and my dad died within a few hours.

19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? 
I would probably take more chances. 

20. What does friendship mean to you?
Being honest, loyal, compassionate, free of judgment and having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment