Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All About Snacks

After I got on my soapbox last week about shopping for non-GMO foods and buying the least processed foods I can, a friend asked what we do about snacks.  My kid is obsessed with fruit, yogurt and cheese, so those are staples in our house at snack time.  Sometimes, though, it's nice to have a little treat and a little variety, so these are a couple of recipes we've made recently that have been big hits. 

No-Flour Black Bean Brownies


Photo courtesy of chocolatecoveredkatie.com
Not only did Sophie love these, but Jason and I did, too.  They were not cake-y brownies, but more like fudge-y, not-all-the way baked brownies, which is the kind I love!

No-Bake Energy Bites


Photo courtesy of gimmesomeoven.com
All I'll say about these energy bites is that I had to hide them from Sophie because she was so obsessed with them and would cry if I wouldn't let her have as many as she wanted all at once!

I've found a few good organic staples in the grocery store for car rides, snacks after swim or gymnastics lessons, etc, but we're not perfect and sometimes Goldfish or the additive-laced but so tasty orange peanut butter crackers are the only things that will do!

What are your go-to snacks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment